Rock Tech Lithium Inc (TSXV:RCK)
Rock Tech Lithium Inc. is a TSX Venture Exchange listed mineral exploration company based in Vancouver, Canada. The company is focused on acquiring and exploring properties in the field of lithium and other selected battery metals.
|10 Days Avg Vol||4,365.75|
|3 Mo Avg Vol||12,134.31|
|52 Wk Lo/Hi||$0.000 - $0.000|
|YTD Price Gain %||-100%|
|12 Wks Moving Avg||0|
|200 Days Moving Avg||0|
Updated: Market Close, 05/21/2018
Rock Tech Lithium Inc. is a mineral exploration company focused on the lithium industry. Based in Vancouver and listed on the TSX Venture Exchange and the Frankfurt Stock Exchange, the Company’s international board of directors provides a truly global presence and offers unique access to capital and projects. The company focuses on acquiring and exploring properties in the field of lithium and other selected battery metals.
- Strong long term battery metals demand leading to growing demand for lithium.
- Georgia Lake Lithium Project in Ontario contains many areas with lithium- and rare metals-bearing spodumene.
- NI 43-101 compliant resource estimate with indicated and inferred resources of 9.5 million tonnes of 1.10% Li2O and 1.00% Li2O
- Georgia Lake Property’s total area of claims is 11,632 ha, 100% owned by Rock Tech.
- Experienced management team with over 100 years combined international experience in the natural resources sector at organizations like African Development Corporation, German-Chinese Coal Group, German Association of Foreign Mining, Uranerz Exploration and Mining Ltd., Consol Energy, Energy Resources of Australia.
- Experienced Advisory Board including past CEOs of companies like GM Europe, Tata Motors, and K+S Aktiengesellschaft (the largest mining company in Germany).
|As of May 8, 2018|
Georgia Lake Lithium Project
Resource EstimateIn October 2012, the Company released an updated NI 43-101 compliant resource estimate that included the following:
- Indicated resource: 3.19 million tonnes grading 1.10% Li2O
- Inferred resource: 6.31 million tonnes grading 1.00% Li2O
Metallurgical and Hydrometallurgical TestsMetallurgical tests show:
- Concentration of high-grade spodumene from high and low grade mineralized material;
- Recovery rate of 75.5% utilizing heavy liquid separation; and
- Recovery rate of 81.1% utilizing floatation.
- Production of battery-grade lithium carbonate (“Li2CO3”) with a purity of 99.96% without any process optimization; and
- Production of battery-grade Li2CO3 with a purity of 99.98% with bicarbonate scrubbing.
Location and GeologyThe spodumene-bearing pegmatites of the Georgia Lake area, located some 145 kilometers northeast of the city of Thunder Bay, Ontario, were discovered in 1955. Subsequent to the discovery, the area was subjected to a staking rush and significant exploration work by various operators until 1958.
The principal means of access to the area is Ontario Provincial Highway No. 11. From the Provincial Highway, an extensive network of gravel and tertiary bush roads provide access to all of the claim groups.
Geologically, the area is underlain by metasediments and metavolcanics of Archean age, trending east-northeast to west-southwest, in steeply dipping beds along the south flank of a regional syncline. These metasediments were invaded by large masses of Algoman granitic rocks and by numerous sills and dykes of genetically related porphyry, pegmatite and aplite.
These Archean metasediments are overlain by a thin cover of Sibley sediments which were subsequently intruded by diabase dykes and sills of Proterozoic age.
The Georgia Lake pegmatites contain lithium- and rare metals-bearing spodumene at many places in the area. In addition to spodumene, historical work also identified beryl, columbite, molybdnite, amblygonite, apatite, and bityite, enhancing the lithium and rare metals potential of the area.
Dirk Harbecke, MBA
Chairman of the Board
Mr. Harbecke has more than twenty years of experience as a manager, entrepreneur and investor with international experience in Africa, China, the Middle East, Europe and the United States. He worked at the Boston Consulting Group where he planned the establishment of new financial services institutions in Western Europe and the Middle East. Most recently, Mr. Harbecke was the founder and CEO of ADC African Development Corporation AG (“ADC”), a German-listed investment company with a strong footprint in the banking industries in Botswana, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe and Nigeria. In parallel, ADC focused on private equity investments in the emerging sub-Saharan African financial services sector. Under his leadership, ADC became a leading pan-African financial services group and was acquired in August 2014 by Atlas Mara Ltd., a financial services holding company co-founded by former Barclay’s chief executive officer, Robert Diamond. Mr. Harbecke holds an MBA degree from St. Gallen University in Switzerland.
Dr. Peter Kausch, PH.D., M.Sc.
Dr. Kausch holds Doctorate and Masters of Science degrees in Mining Engineering and has over 40 years of experience in the natural resources sector. He has served as an advisor to the United Nations Seabed Committee and held a variety of progressive positions with Rheinbraun AG (now RWE Power AG), including managing director of Rheinbraun US GmbH and chairman of Rheinbraun Australia Pty Ltd, Sydney. During his distinguished career with Rheinbraun, Dr. Kausch participated in building uranium divisions in North America and Australia and organized the US hard coal division.
Additionally, Dr. Kausch has served as the chairman of the German-Chinese Coal Group and of the German Association of Foreign Mining. Dr. Kausch has also served on the boards of Uranerz Exploration and Mining Ltd., Consol Energy Inc., Energy Resources of Australia and SSM, Rotterdam (a hard coal trading company), in addition to several other directorships with natural resource companies in Canada and Australia.
Director & CEO
Mr. Stephan is a successful manager and investment advisor with twenty-five years of experience, focusing on investments in the natural resources and exploration sector over the past ten years. While focusing primarily on exploration companies in North America, Mr. Stephan has built a strong network in Asia, Eastern Europe and Latin America. In the late 1990s, Mr. Stephan founded and was the CEO of one of Germany’s most popular internet companies providing stock market analysis. The website was purchased by one of the biggest telecommunication companies in Germany. Mr. Stephan regularly contributes analyses and commentaries to leading internet portals in Europe.
Brad Barnett, M.Sc.
Director, CFO & Corporate Secretary
Mr. Barnett has extensive experience in the areas of regulatory filings, compliance and finance and holds a Master of Science in Corporate Finance, a Bachelor of Business Administration (Honours) and a Diploma in Financial Management (Honours).