Hello Pal International Inc (CSE:HP)
Hello Pal International Inc. is a Canadian Securities Exchange listed company based in Hong Kong, China, Ukraine, and the US. The company is focused on bringing the world closer together by eliminating language barriers through a social communication platform.
|10 Days Avg Vol||9,854.44|
|3 Mo Avg Vol||26,675.87|
|52 Wk Lo/Hi||$0.19 - $0.48|
|YTD Price Gain %||0%|
|12 Wks Moving Avg||0.232333|
|200 Days Moving Avg||0.283800|
Hello Pal International Inc. (“HPI”) is a technology company comprised of an international team of people based in Hong Kong, China, Ukraine, and the US, and is a sister company to BrillKids Inc., creator of the multiple award-winning early childhood education program Little Reader. Hello Pal’s mission is to bring the world closer together by helping eliminate one of the key obstacles to mutual understanding between people – the language barrier. By creating a platform (app) where it is easy to instantly interact with others around the world, and giving them the tools to communicate with each other in a joyful and fun way, we hope to do our part (however small) in fostering understanding and tolerance between all citizens of the world.
- Over 2,200,000 registered users in over 150 countries with 8,000-10,000 new daily users.
- Unique strategy of launching companion apps that feed off the same combined active user base.
- Major institutional shareholder with substantial financial backing and deep business and entertainment networks.
- Management with track record of success in the industry – founder’s first company was BrillKids, and flagship product “Little Reader” for teaching reading is powered by software and web technologies, and has won multiple education product awards in the US.
Hello Pal App
- Hello Pal is a social language exchange app that allows users to meet and chat with people from all over the world, in a completely foreign language, in minutes.
- Hello Pal app launched in May 2015.
- Currently over 2,200,000 registered users in over 150 countries.
- Match yourself with pals from all over the world with filter and matching functions.
- First-in-the-world phrasebooks integrated into the chat system.
- Powerful translation tools to:
- Translate incoming text messages.
- Translate what you wish to say into your pal’s language.
- Pronounce the translated text with the help of (i) guide audio; and (ii) romanized text for languages like Chinese (“pinyin”) and Korean.
Founder, CEO, President & Director
Hello Pal is the brainchild of KL Wong, who currently resides in Hangzhou, China. He graduated with a law degree from Cambridge University and started off his career as a lawyer with international law firm Clifford Chance in the UK and Hong Kong. He then worked in senior management positions at Chinadotcom Corporation (China internet portal) and Softbank International Investment (venture capital/private equity) before founding BrillKids shortly after the birth of his daughter Felicity. KL is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese, and has a working knowledge of Malay and French. He is currently learning Japanese and Korean.