Zecotek Photonics Inc (TSXV:ZMS)
Zecotek Photonics Inc. is a TSX Venture Exchange listed company based in Richmond, Canada. The company is focused on commercializing high-performance scintillation crystals, photo detectors, positron emission tomography scanning technologies, 3D auto-stereoscopic displays, 3D printers and associated technologies for applications in healthcare, scientific and industrial, markets.
|10 Days Avg Vol||47,337.11|
|3 Mo Avg Vol||245,506.43|
|52 Wk Lo/Hi||$0.22 - $0.34|
|YTD Price Gain %||0%|
|12 Wks Moving Avg||0.263111|
|200 Days Moving Avg||0.260200|
Zecotek Photonics Inc. (TSX-V: ZMS; Frankfurt: W1I) is a photonics technology company commercializing high-performance scintillation crystals, photo detectors, positron emission tomography scanning technologies, 3D auto-stereoscopic displays, 3D printers and associated technologies for applications in healthcare, scientific and industrial, markets. Founded in 2004, Zecotek operates three divisions: Imaging Systems, 3D Technology Systems, and Optronics with labs located in Canada, Korea, Russia, Singapore and U.S.A. The management team is focused on building shareholder value by commercializing over 50 patented and patent pending novel photonics technologies directly and through strategic alliances and joint ventures with leading industry partners such as Hamamatsu Photonics (Japan), the European Organization for Nuclear Research (Switzerland), the University of Washington (United States), Beijing Opto-Electronics Technology Co. Ltd. (China), NuCare Medical Systems (South Korea), and National NanoFab Center (South Korea).
- A portfolio of patent-protected and proprietary photonics technologies in technically challenging and high growth areas.
- Photonics technologies being used by major institutions and corporations, poised to disrupt existing technologies in multi-billion dollar markets.
- World class strategic partnerships with industry leaders including Hamamatsu Photonics, the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) and Intellectual Ventures.
|As of June, 2017|
Products and Technologies:
- Zecotek has three patent protected and proprietary imaging technologies:
- LFS scintillation crystals
- Solid‐state MAPD photo detectors and transistors
- Integrated detector modules (IDM)
- Zecotek’s LFS scintillation crystals and solid-state MAPD photo detectors offer significant cost and performance advantages over existing imaging technologies.
- The IDM is a patent pending layered structure made of three principle components: an array of LFS scintillation crystals, an array of MAPD solid-state photo detectors and a readout system.
3D Technologies (Display and Printing):
- Zecotek’s patented 3D Display technology represents a new generation of glasses-free 3D display.
- Eliminates the need for ALP (accessory light modulator package) boards, allowing for significantly cheaper, more compact and commercially viable displays.
- Zecotek is also developing a compact, high-speed 3D printer which will use high performance metal alloys and offers technical and commercial advantages over competing technologies.
- The new 3D printer is targeted for prototyping and distributed manufacturing with specific applications in electronics, aerospace, automotive, mechanical and healthcare industries.
Dr. Faouzi Zerrouk
Chairman, President, CEO & Founder
Dr. Zerrouk is Chairman, President and CEO of Zecotek Photonics Inc. In 1989, he established the first foreign partnered, private, business oriented photonics research Lab in the Ex-Soviet Union (Novosibirsk, Siberia). He duplicated the same model in three prestigious research institutes in Moscow. Dr. Zerrouk acted as a technology transfer advisor, working closely with the Ministry of Science and Technology during the transition period to the Russian federation. He worked on Research and Develo
Mr. Azman, a Singapore citizen, holds a Master’s Degree in Engineering Business Management from Warwick University and has more than 30 years experience in the field of Manufacturing and Operations. Prior to joining Zecotek in 2006 as Director of Manufacturing, he held a senior position in a Government Statutory Board. From 2001 to 2004, Mr. Azman was the General Manager for the South East Asian operation of Unified Technology, a private Canadian company working in the field of photonics. Mr. Az
CFO, Executive VP Finance, Investor Relations
Mr. Minder is a seasoned finance professional with over 15 years of international banking experience. He held senior leadership roles in Asset and Wealth Management for Credit Suisse Group in both Switzerland and North America, managing assets of high net worth accounts. In 1998 he left the Credit Suisse Group to form his own firm providing international investment banking and investor relations advisory services to numerous U.S., Canadian, and European listed companies. Zecotek benefits from hi