Lexaria Bioscience Corp (CSE:LXX)
Lexaria Bioscience Corp. is an OTCQB listed food biosciences company based in Vancouver, Canada. The company is focused on the delivery of cannabinoid compounds procured from legal, agricultural hemp, through gourmet foods based upon its infusion technologies.
|10 Days Avg Vol||203,094.21|
|3 Mo Avg Vol||459,336.44|
|52 Wk Lo/Hi||$0.350 - $3.230|
|YTD Price Gain %||-100%|
|12 Wks Moving Avg||1.620944|
|200 Days Moving Avg||0.982075|
Updated: Market Close, 02/22/2018
Lexaria Bioscience Corp. has developed and out-licenses its disruptive technology that promotes healthier ingestion methods, lower overall dosing and higher effectiveness of lipophilic active molecules. Lexaria has multiple patents pending in over 40 countries around the world and was granted its first patents in the USA and in Australia related to edible forms of cannabinoids. Lexaria’s technology provides increases in intestinal absorption rates; more rapid delivery to the bloodstream; and important taste-masking benefits, for orally administered bioactive molecules including cannabinoids, vitamins, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), nicotine and other molecules.
- Cannabinoids: faster acting, better tasting, higher absorption, lower production cost
- Vitamins and Herbs: faster acting, higher absorption
- NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory pain relief): Bypass 1st-pass liver filtration minimizes liver disease, higher absorption means lower doses also minimizing liver and kidney complications and gastric bleeding incidence.
- Nicotine: GI absorption vs smoking could help prevent some of the ~7 million annual deaths from smoking cigarettes. In the US alone, over $200 billion is spent annually on health care related to smoking cigarettes. The tobacco industry is worth $800 billion per annum.
- Lexaria is the only company in North America to have a R&D collaboration with a Federal Government: Canada's National Research Council (NRC) and Lexaria are collaborating on cannabinoid delivery.
- Lexaria is a B2B technology license provider and call sell its technology anywhere in the world; as a service provider it is not constrained by local regulations on restricted substances.
- Lexaria's technology licensing revenues are exceptionally high quality with profit margins typically over 90%.
|Lexaria Bioscience Corp|
|Common Stock Warrants||8,988,031|
|Fully Diluted Shares||79,088,709|
|Board and Management Holdings||14,625,449|
|Share Trading Activity|
|3 month average daily volume(shares)||150,000 OTCQB|
|52 week low/high ($/share)||$0.94/$0.10|
|Current Share Price (Date)||$0.40|
|Average Warrant Price||~US$0.28|
|Market Capitalization (I/O)||$26.8 Million|
|(all amounts as of June 23, 2017)|
- 1 patent granted in USA.
- 1 patent granted in Australia.
- 19 patents pending in USA.
- Patent pending in 42 countries.
CEO & Chairman
Chris Bunka is CEO and Chairman and is a serial entrepreneur with a career spanning more than 3 decades. He has extensive experience in corporate governance and finance, and has been successful in several industries.
John Docherty is President and was former President of well-known Helix BioPhara Corp, a TSX company. John is a pharmacologist and toxicologist with extensive clinical drug trial and drug development experience.