DelMar Pharmaceuticals Inc (NAS:DMPI)
DelMar Pharmaceuticals is a NASDAQ listed pharmaceutical company based in Vancouver, Canada. The company is focused on the development and commercialization of cancer therapies.
|10 Days Avg Vol||68,013.78|
|3 Mo Avg Vol||125,271.81|
|52 Wk Lo/Hi||$1.25 - $7.54|
|YTD Price Gain %||-71.72%|
|12 Wks Moving Avg||2.154844|
|200 Days Moving Avg||3.220842|
DelMar Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of new cancer therapies. Our lead product candidate, VAL-083, is a first-in-class small molecule chemotherapy that is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 clinical trial for the treatment of refractory glioblastoma multiforme (GBM), the most common and aggressive form of brain cancer. We are also exploring VAL-083 as a therapy for front-line GBM and solid tumors including non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and ovarian cancer. We have also acquired certain exclusive commercial rights in China where VAL-083 is approved as a chemotherapy for the treatment of chronic myelogenous leukemia (CML) and lung cancer. We are dedicated to benefiting patients and creating shareholder value by rapidly developing and commercializing anti-cancer therapies in cancer indications where patients have failed or are unlikely to respond to modern therapy.
- A "first-in-class" small molecule therapeutic with a unique mechanism of action.
- Anti-cancer activity demonstrated across a range of cancers in prior US National Cancer Institute (NCI)-sponsored clinical trials.
- Orphan drug designation in USA and EU.
- Newly allowed patent claims provide intellectual property protection through 2032.
- Pipeline expansion opportunities in high value oncology markets.
- Recently completed key steps toward initiation of pivotal Phase 3 trial of VAL-083 as a potential new treatment for refractory GBM.
- Experienced team with track record of success.
|Common Stock Warrants||4.7M|
|Convertible Preferred Shares||1.9M|
|Fully Diluted Shares||18.5M|
|Board and Management Holdings||21%|
|Share Trading Activity|
|3 month average daily volume(shares)||36,780|
|52 week low/high ($/share)||1.72/10.87|
|Current Share Price (Aug 11 2016)||6.83|
|Average Warrant Price||$3.44|
|Market Capitalization (I/O)||$65.91 M|
|Cash Balance （31-Mar pro-forma）||$8.1 M|
|(all amounts as of Aug 11, 2016)|
VAL-083 – Research and Product Development
- VAL-083 represents a "first-in-class" small molecule chemotherapeutic, which means that the molecular structure of VAL-083 is not an analogue or derivative of other small molecule chemotherapeutics approved for the treatment of cancer.
- Readily crosses blood-brain-barrier.
- Novel MOA: DNA interstrand cross-links at N7-position of guanine leading to S-phase arrest, DNA double-strand breaks and cancer cell death.
- Overcoming chemo-resistance to existing SOC (platinum agents, temozolomide) is a unique value proposition for VAL-083.
- MOA and historic clinical data points to activity across multiple cancer types & in combination with multiple cancer agents.
- VAL-083 has been assessed in 42 Phase 1 and Phase 2 clinical trials sponsored by the U.S. National Cancer Institute ("NCI") as a treatment against various cancers. Published pre-clinical and clinical data suggest that VAL-083 may be active against a range of tumor types, including lung, brain, cervical, ovarian tumors and hematologic (blood) cancers.
- VAL-083 is approved as a cancer chemotherapeutic in China for the treatment of chronic myelogenous leukemia ("CML") and lung cancer. VAL-083 has not been approved for any indication outside of China.
Jeffrey Bacha, B.Sc., MBA
Chairman & C.E.O.
Jeffrey Bacha, BSc, MBA co-founded DelMar Pharmaceuticals in 2010 and has served as Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Company's board of directors since inception. Mr. Bacha is a seasoned executive leader with nearly twenty years of life sciences experience in the areas of operations, strategy and finance. From July 2006 to August 2009, Mr. Bacha was Executive Vice President Corporate Affairs and Chief Operating Officer at Clera, Inc. From 1999 through 2004, Mr. Bacha served as President & CEO of Inimex Pharmaceuticals, a venture-capital funded drug discovery and development company and is a former Senior Manager and Director of KPMG Health Ventures.
Dennis M. Brown, Ph.D.
Chief Scientific Officer
Dr. Dennis M. Brown has been Chief Scientific Officer of the Company since January 25, 2013 and Director of the Company since February 11, 2013. Dr. Brown has more than thirty years of drug discovery and development experience. He has served as Chairman of Mountain View Pharmaceutical's Board of Directors since 2000 and is the President of Valent. In 1999 he founded ChemGenex Therapeutics, which merged with a publicly traded Australian company in 2004 to become ChemGenex Pharmaceuticals (ASX: CXS/NASDAQ: CXSP), of which he served as President and a Director until 2009. Dr. Brown is an inventor of about 34 issued U.S. patents and applications, many with foreign counterparts.
Scott Praill, CA
Chief Financial Officer
Mr. Praill has been Chief Financial Officer of the Company since January 2013 and previously served as a consultant to the Company. Since 2004, Mr. Praill has been an independent consultant providing accounting and administrative services to companies in the resource industry. Mr. Praill served as CFO of Strata Oil & Gas, Inc. from June 2007 to September 2008. From November 1999 to October 2003 Mr. Praill was Director of Finance at Inflazyme Pharmaceuticals Inc. Mr. Praill completed his articling at Price Waterhouse (now PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP) and obtained his Chartered Accountant designation in 1996.