Naturally Splendid Enterprises Ltd (TSXV:NSP)
Naturally Splendid Enterprises Ltd (TSXV:NSP, FRANKFURT:50N, OTCQB:NSPDF) is a TSX Venture Exchange and OTCQB listed biotechnology company based in Pitt Meadows, Canada. The company is focused on developing, commercializing, producing, selling, and licensing an entirely new generation of hemp-derived, high quality, nutrient-dense Omega foods, nutritional food enhancers, and related products.
|10 Days Avg Vol||79,677.60|
|3 Mo Avg Vol||221,001.57|
|52 Wk Lo/Hi||$0.130 - $0.520|
|YTD Price Gain %||-55.84%|
|12 Wks Moving Avg||0.197833|
|200 Days Moving Avg||0.242250|
Updated: Market Close, 07/13/2018
Naturally Splendid Enterprises Ltd is a biotechnology and consumer products company that is developing, producing, commercializing, and licensing an entirely new generation of plant-derived, bioactive ingredients, nutrient dense foods, and related products. Naturally Splendid is building an expanding portfolio of patents (issued and pending) and proprietary intellectual property focused on the commercial uses of industrial hemp and non-psychoactive cannabinoid compounds in a broad spectrum of applications.
- Established retail presence in the food and pet care industries (NATERA®, CHII , PawsitiveFX™ ) generating revenues through direct and online sales with hemp seed, hemp oil and HempOmega™ products.
- US$35 Billion Annual Global Omega Market (estimated)
- Control of production via 51% ownership of state-of-the-art raw material processing facility enabling vertical integration from the field to the store shelf.
- Collaboration agreement with POS Bio-Sciences provides access to their world-class R&D team.
- 100% ownership of Omega EFA technologies, including HempOmega™ and H2Omega™. This technology has the potential to transform not only hemp, but also flax, chia, canola and algae into highly bioavailable water dispersible powders and aqueous solutions.
- Working relationship with the Alberta Food Processing Development Center to study the use of HempOmega™ to fortify commercial pet foods - completed a successful dog food trial that confirms HempOmega™ is ready for the canine pet food market – currently in discussions within the pet industry.
- Successful commercialization of innovative Omega technology including HempOmega™, used by Naturally Splendid’s first major client, Laguna Blends.
- Acquisition of a comprehensive packaging system for co-packing opportunities and internal brand packaging
- Cannabinoid extraction and patented formulation technologies are scientifically proven, potentially offering a major blue sky opportunity.
- Legal Cannabis Market in Canada is estimated at CA$2.6 billion by 2016
- Legal Cannabis Market in United States is estimated at US$10.2 billion by 2019
|Common Stock Warrants||1,633,222|
|Fully Diluted Shares||93,294,771|
|Board and Management Holdings||20%|
|Share Trading Activity|
|3 month average daily volume(shares)||308,871|
|52 week low/high ($/share)||0.235/0.60|
|Current Share Price (Date)||0.30|
|Average Warrant Price||45|
|Market Capitalization (I/O)||$23 Million|
|(all amounts as of Mar 7, 2017)|
Naturally Splendid currently has four innovative divisions:
(1) BIOTECHNOLOGY – Focused on three major platforms:
- Proprietary HempOmega™ encapsulation
- Extraction and formulation with Cannabidiol (CBD)
- Hemp and plant-based proteins.
- POS-BPC Facility - a 12,000-square-foot facility jointly owned by NSE 51%/ 49% POS Bio-Sciences, offers commercial-scale custom processing solutions for functional foods and natural health.
(2) CONSUMER PRODUCTS -
- NATERA® - brand of retail hemp and superfood products distributed throughout North America, Asia and Europe.
- Prosnack Natural Foods Inc. (Elevate Me™) - lifestyle brand of heathy meal replacement products distributed throughout North America.
- Chi Hemp Industries Incorporated (CHII) - e-commerce platform for natural and organic hemp products.
- PawsitiveFX® - topical pet care products.
- NATERA®CBD - retail hemp-based cannabinoid nutraceutical and cosmeceutical products distributed in Asia.
- NATERA®Skincare - brand of retail hemp based cosmeceutical products.
(3) NATERA® Ingredients - bulk ingredients including HempOmega™.
(4) Co-Packaging/Toll-Processing - packaging for house-brands (NATERA® and CHII) and third-party partners.
CEO, Director of Naturally Splendid Enterprises Ltd.
Mr. Mason is currently Chairman of the Board, President and CEO of a number of TSX Venture Exchange companies. During his 20 years as President and CEO of well-known beverage companies including Jolt Cola and Clearly Canadian Beverage Corporation, Mr. Mason built a reputation for innovation. He has been credited as one of the pioneers of the New Age Beverage category. Additionally, Mr. Mason is a past Chair of the B.C. Sports Hall of Fame and Museum and of the B.C. Sports Hall of Fame Foundation, and remains an active member of the Foundation. He is currently Deputy Chair of the Board of Governors for Collingwood School, and is also an active supporter and recruiter of participants for fund raising events for the Rick Hansen Institute.
J. CRAIG GOODWIN
President, Director, & Founder of Naturally Splendid Enterprises Ltd.
J. Craig Goodwin is a Co-founder of Naturally Splendid and the previous CEO of the Company. As CEO, Craig was instrumental in the transition from private Company to public Company raising over $11,000,000 CDN in the process. In addition to his role as CEO, Craig’s responsibilities included International Business Development where he oversaw the development of a South Korean project generating over $7,000,000 CDN in 2016.
Having identified Mr. Dave Eto to succeed himself as CEO, Craig now focusses on International Business Development and capital markets. Currently, Craig is developing business in South Korea, Japan, China, Germany and Australia to name a few.
Previous to his appointment as CEO of Naturally Splendid, Craig accumulated over 30 years of sales and marketing experience including Senior Account Executive for one of the largest outdoor advertising companies in the world, The Jim Pattison Sign Group. While with The Jim Pattison Sign Group, Craig was one of the most successful sales executives in Western Canada and received numerous awards for outstanding sales achievements.
In addition to sales and marketing Craig has consulted for numerous public companies providing services from Investor Relations, raising Venture Capital as well as business development.
V.P. Operations & Co-Founder of Naturally Splendid Enterprises Ltd.
Bryan’s vision of a company distributing healthy food choices is a driving force behind Naturally Splendid® and the foundations of which this company originated. For the past four years Bryan has overseen the operations of Naturally Splendid® including establishing supply channels, packaging and product development. Bryan’s insight and vision has proved invaluable as part of the management team.
Mr. Carson created, operated and sold a successful retail store in Vancouver, B.C. His hands-on retail expertise from the conceptual planning stages through construction and launch are of great value in developing our relationship with major food distribution channels.
CPA-CGA and CFO of Naturally Splendid Enterprises Ltd.
Mr. Hamzagic has over 30 years of public practice accounting and financial management experience with a variety of public and private companies. As a designated CPA-CGA, Mr. Hamzagic has developed a unique suite of expertise in overseeing corporate finance activities, financial planning & analysis, public reporting, as well as mergers and acquisitions, including 10 years with sparkling water producer Clearly Canadian Beverage Corporation, and most recently as the CFO of a number of TSX Venture listed companies.
Director of Corporate Communications of Naturally Splendid Enterprises Ltd.
Mr. Rusin has been working with NSP as the head of Corporate Communications for 5 years and has extensive experience working with potential investors and current shareholders. He effectively leads NSP in its market research, and situates NSP as the leader of the industrial hemp and MMJ sectors by actively researching the market.
Director of Naturally Splendid Enterprises Ltd.
Mr. Hughes has 25 years of business experience including senior-level executive and Director positions in both private and public companies specializing in pharmaceuticals, alternative energy and mining. Mr. Hughes has built industrial and resource companies from the ground up and has obtained regulatory approval and exchange approval for numerous reporting issuers. His experience includes; corporate structuring, public and private financing, marketing, strategic planning, negotiating agreements and public company management. He has also worked with the National Research Council of Canada providing alternative energy companies with market intelligence and strategic planning. Mr. Hughes is a Director of Kelso Technologies Inc. (TSX.V) and a Director of Broome Capital Inc. Mr. Hughes has a Bachelor of Science degree and completed the Canadian Securities Course and Directors and Officers Program.
President of the CHTA and Director of Naturally Splendid Enterprises Ltd.
Russ has over 40 years of experience in commodity marketing and risk management strategies as well as providing operations and technology solutions serving the Western Canadian agricultural marketplace. His company, Agrinomics I.T. Consulting Ltd., has been in operation since 1999 providing a comprehensive and unique blend of private sector, independent market advisory services. Russ’s personal consulting expertise includes project management, risk management, feasibility and business case reports and comprehensive experience in electronic trading and clearing technology. Russ Crawford’s personal background includes 20 years with Cargill Limited, 9 years with Alberta Wheat Pool and 12 years of independent consulting to the marketplace.
In October of 2009 Russ was elected to the Board of Directors for the Canadian Hemp Trade Alliance serving on various committees over a four-year term.. The CHTA is Canada’s national hemp association made up of producers, processors, researchers and retail product marketers. It is the primary industry association and has been growing in pace with its members. In 2011 Russ co-authored the CHTA’s Long Term International Strategy (LTIS) report that built on the CHTA’s National Industrial Hemp Strategy by targeting research and education/awareness projects suitable for the national organization benefiting all members. In 2013 he was elected as President where his duties have expanded his leadership role within the industry including a revision of the LTIS to align with the federal government’s Growing Forward 2 program (2013 – 2018). Russ has been an advisor to Naturally Splendid® since 2008.
Executive VP, Sales and Marketing
Alan has built a successful career in the food industry spanning over 34 years. In addition to developing sales for Prosnack, Alan held the position of Director of International Sales for McCain Foods where he was responsible for overseeing sales development in over 70 countries around the world. As President of Sepp’s Food Group in the early 1990’s he was instrumental in developing the company into one of the leading natural organic frozen breakfast food manufacturers in North America, growing sales from $1,000,000 CDN to over $88,000,000 CDN annually.