With an impressive portfolio of intellectual property and several key Joint Venture discussions in China, Europe and North America at advanced stages of completion, EEStor is on the verge of becoming a leading solutions provider in the vast global markets of passive electronics and solid-state energy storage.
EEStor is developing new types of ceramic and polymer-based solid-state capacitor materials with the ultimate goal of replacing conventional battery technologies (lead acid and lithium-ion) with capacitors built with EEStor’s materials. This new generation of high energy density, low cost capacitor material is based on EEStor’s CMBT (Composition Modified Barium Titanate) ceramic dielectric powder.
The Company is focused on licensing opportunities for its technology across a broad spectrum of industries and applications.
|As of April 18, 2019|
1. Highly Experienced Management & Board of Directors
- See management page.
2. Large & Growing Markets
High Voltage High Dielectric Constant Capacitive Applications
(De-coupling, Filters, Defibrillators, Inverters)
- EEStor’s performance advantages: high voltage per layer/small footprint, high power, flexible, temperature stable, long life of over 1 million cycles, low amortized cost, non-toxic
- According to a study from Global Market Insights, Inc. the market was $8 billion in 2016 and expected to grow to $19.8 billion by 2025
Electrochemical Capacitor Market
(Grid Storage, Automotive, UPS, Railway Wayside, Pulse Power)
- Electrochemical Capacitor Market to reach USD $2.18 Billion by 2022, CAGR of 20.7%
(per MarketsandMarkets Supercapacitor Market – Global Forecast to 2022)
High Voltage Power Factor Correction Capacitors
(Grid Support and Stabilization)
- Market of $1.9 billion with estimated growth of 5.0% per year (per – Paumanok Publications)
3. Environmentally Benign & Low Cost
- The primary resource is barium from barite, which is inexpensive, and readily available from politically stable sources globally
- Barite and all other feedstocks used by EEStor are non-toxic in production, use and disposal
4. Proprietary Technology with Strong Intellectual Property Protection
- EEStor’s intellectual property is protected by trade secrets and patents. The patents cover:
- The economical purification of raw materials
(US Patent numbers 8845993, 8287826)
- The hydrothermal synthesis process and associated equipment
(US Patent numbers 7993611, 7914755, 8496893)
- EEStor’s CMBT (US patent 8853116)
- And methods of utilization of CMBT to construct MLCCs and hybrid polymer and glass capacitors (US Patent numbers 7729811, 7595109, 7033406)
5. Unique Product Performance
- EEStor’s product performance, as confirmed by multiple third part testing organizations through multiple testing regimes, makes the Company’s technology uniquely positioned within the Capacitor market and has led to EEStor’s ongoing advanced discussions with potential partners in that industry.
More technical reader who wants to know more about the technology should go on the internet site www.eestorcorp.com
The Company’s strategy
The Company’s strategy can be summarized as follows:
- Developing and announcing strategic joint venture manufacturing and distribution relationships with leading global capacitor companies.
- Continuing to develop, patent and independently certify best in class solutions for capacitor-based energy storage solutions.
- To ensure low cost and high margin production as EEStor solutions are scaled to global proportions.
- To continue executing on a disciplined and highly accretive business model to maximize shareholder value.
Ian Clifford Director, Founder & CEO/CFO
- Ian Clifford has over twenty-five years of experience as a technology marketing strategist and multimedia producer.
- Successfully led the EEStor Corporation to global brand recognition through its unique energy storage solutions.
- Has built EEStor’s technology team to world class status over the past 4 years.
- From 2006 to present, Mr. Clifford has raised over $50 million in equity financing for EEStor.
Bryan K. Kelly VP Production
- 20 years at NASA. For 10 years as a Space Shuttle / International Space Station Flight Controller and 10 years as the Operational Manager of Guidance and Propulsion Systems branch for the International Space Station and Space Shuttle.
- Degree in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin.
- Has been involved with EEStor since 2008 and was employed by EEStor early in 2016 as its Production Manager in Austin.
Dr. Abhijit Paul VP Research & Development
- Over 17 years of experience with polymer synthesis, analysis, testing and characterization of polymeric materials, including high-performance industrial coatings and rubber compounding.
- He earned his doctoral degree from Oklahoma State University and did his postdoctoral work at the University of Texas at Austin and University of Massachusetts in Polymer and Material Science
- Advanced research interest include: surface functionalization of nanoparticles, solid state and thermal battery technologies, phase change materials, polymer colloids, organic photovoltaic, polymer nanocomposites, polymer blends, alloys and zwitterions
- Has been employed by EEStor since early 2017 as its principal Polymer Scientist in Austin
Ian Clifford Director, Founder & CEO/CFO
Eugenio Noel Cuesta Independent Director
- Mr. Cuesta holds dual M.Sc. degrees in Mechanical Engineering and Nuclear Engineering.
- Since 2014 Mr. Cuesta has been responsible for new product testing and implementation for Hydro-Québec’s Testing and Commissioning Group.
- He also worked as a physicist at Hydro-Québec’s Reactor Physics Group at the Gentilly-2 Nuclear Power Plant from 2006 to 2014.
- Additionally, Mr. Cuesta is a Technical Advisor for Renewable Energy with Global PoleTrusion Group Corp. (GPGC).
- Prior to his employment at Hydro-Québec, Mr. Cuesta was a Professor of Mechanical Engineering at Simon Bolivar University in Caracas, Venezuela from 2003 to 2005.
Dr. Robert M. Tocchio Independent Director
- Dr. Tocchio is one of EEStor’s longest supporters and is currently its largest single shareholder.
- Dr. Tocchio operated a successful orthodontic practice for over 25 years and brings extensive entrepreneurial experience in a wide array of private and public start-up investments to EEStor.
- Dr. Tocchio has sat on various boards, most notably as a Founder and Board Member of Medisystem Technologies, which he and his team took public and later successfully sold to Shoppers Drug Mart.