OILS is Canada’s most innovative cannabis extractor, developing technology for extracting and distilling THC and CBD oils from cannabis and hemp biomass. The Company’s industrial-scale extraction and purification plant in Greater Vancouver, BC has a design capacity to process 600 kg per day of dried cannabis biomass into refined oils. Nextleaf owns a portfolio of over 15 issued patents and over 60 pending patents for the extraction, purification, and formulation of cannabinoids. Nextleaf Solutions commercializes its patent portfolio through IP licensing, and supplying THC and CBD oils through Nextleaf Labs, a Health Canada licensed standard processor.
Nextleaf Solutions trades as OILS on the Canadian Securities Exchange, OILFF on the OTCQB Market in the United States, and L0MA on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
Shares Issued: 108,123,044
Fully Diluted: 147,878,279
- First public company granted a patent for the industrial-scale extraction, refinement and purification of cannabinoids.
- Intellectual property portfolio consisting of 32 patents, eight (8) granted and 27 pending.
- The intellectual property encompasses the end-to-end process, as well as proprietary pieces of equipment used for the refinement of crude extract, and the formulation of purified THC and CBD distillate.
- Nextleaf has an exclusive technology licensing agreement with BevCanna Enterprises Inc. (CSE: BEV), who utilize the technology to manufacture a range of cannabinoid infused beverages in their BC bottling facility with an annual capacity of over 30MM bottled beverages. Nextleaf will also supply cannabinoids to BevCanna under the agreement.
- Centralized extraction processing facility, located in Greater Vancouver. 6,540 sq.ft. facility in with Phase 1 capacity to process more than 270,000kg per year of cannabis biomass to high purity distillate.
- National Research Council Grant through the Industrial Research Assistance Program (IRAP), for the development of unique processing techniques for removing chlorophyll and other impurities from crude oil extract.
- Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) $2.5MM consortium with Terramera for replacing toxic chemical pesticides with pesticides derived from natural products.
- Natural Science & Engineering Research Council (NSERC) partnership with University of British Columbia (UBC) and British Columbia Institute of Technology (BCIT), for the development of methods pertaining to repurposing incinerated cannabis waste biomass for industrial construction.
Since its inception Nextleaf has been focused on developing and protecting intellectual property focused on a methods and hardware for the industrial-scale extraction, purification and refinement of cannabinoids – as well as, a formulations and technology that enables the novel production of cannabinoid infused products. Nextleaf continues to innovate and grow its existing patent portfolio of 32 patents, of which eight (8) are granted and 22 are pending.
Nextleaf is commercializing its core extraction technology through an agreement with Nextleaf Labs Ltd., at its licensed facility capable of processing more than 270,000 kg of dried cannabis biomass per year using Nextleaf Solution Ltd.’s patented, custom chilled ethanol-based extraction and purification system. The patented process and equipment yields a tasteless, odourless cannabis concentrate, manufactured at scale, standardized for dose, and ready for infusion in premium value-add products.
Paul Pedersen, MBA Co-Founder, CEO, Director
Paul has been focused on the cannabis industry since 2013, consulting for a variety of cannabis companies and investors, including Canada’s first cannabis oil producer and leading seed-to-sale software provider. Paul holds an MBA (finance) from Michigan State. Founder of NASDAQ: TWER.
Charles Ackerman, CPA, CA CFO, Director
Charles has been in the cannabis industry since 2015 having worked with Canada’s first licensed commercial producer. He has successful assisted a number of companies transition from private to public markets, develop and execute growth strategies, with private and public companies and family offices across Canada. Charles hold a Chartered Professional Accountant designation.
Ryan Ko Co-Founder, CTO
Ryan has been in the cannabis industry for over 15-years. In that time he has developed deep expertise and intellectual property within extraction technology, leading to one of Canada's first patents for cannabis extraction and distillation. Ryan is one of the early innovators of the legal medical cannabis program in Canada.
Tim Gillis, CPA, CA Non-Executive Director
Tim is an experienced leader in the healthcare and pharmaceutical technology sectors. He is the former CEO of STI Technologies (“STI”). Tim steered STI through a period of dramatic growth, which culminated in the sale of the business to IQVIA (NYSE: IQV) in 2017. Throughout his career, which includes senior roles with Stantec (TSX: STN) and Clarke (TSX: CKI) he has completed over $345MM in mergers and acquisitions.