Hemostemix is a publicly traded autologous stem cell therapy company. A winner of the World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer Award, the Company developed and is commercializing its lead product ACP-01 for the treatment of Critical Limb Ischemia, Peripheral Arterial Disease, Angina, Ischemic Cardiomyopathy, Dilated Cardiomyopathy and other conditions of ischemia. ACP-01 has been used to treat over 500 patients, and it is the subject of a randomized, placebo-controlled, double blind trial of its safety and efficacy in patients with advanced critical limb ischemia who have exhausted all other options to save their limb from amputation.
On October 21, 2019, the Company announced the results from its Phase II CLI trial abstract entitled “Autologous Stem Cell Treatment for CLI Patients with No Revascularization Options: An Update of the Hemostemix ACP-01 Trial With 4.5 Year Follow-up” which noted healing of ulcers and resolution of ischemic rest pain occurred in 83% of patients, with outcomes maintained for up to 4.5 years.
The Company owns 91 patents across five patent families titled: Regulating Stem Cells, In Vitro Techniques for use with Stem Cells, Production from Blood of Cells of Neural Lineage, and Automated Cell Therapy. For more information, please visit www.hemostemix.com.
As of April 13, 2021
Presentation to the 41st Annual Canadian Society for Vascular Surgery Meeting on September 14, 2019 by Lead investigator Dr. York Hsiang, Professor of Vascular Surgery, University of British Columbia
- “Healing of ulcers and resolution of ischemic rest pain occurred in 83%, of patients suffering from critical limb ischemia.”
Cytotherapy: ACP-01 Randomized trial of 20 patients. Conclusion:
- “10 Treated: no deaths; 7 of 10 limbs saved from amputation. 10 Placebo: 2 deaths; 6 of 8 limbs lost to amputation.”
European Journal of Heart Failure, Conclusion:
- “ACPs delivered via injection engrafted into damaged cardiac tissue and improved cardiac function within 4 weeks.”
Asian Cardiovascular and Thoracic Annals: “Conclusions of 41 Patients with cardiomyopathy who underwent ACP stem cell injection:
- “Overall ejection fraction improved significantly.”
- “Heart function (NYHA functional class) improved significantly at 2 months.”
Circulation, AHAJournals Conclusions for 24 Patients treated with ACP for chronic stable angina pectoris.
- “6 Minute Walk Test increased…”
- “exercise capacity increased”
- “perfusion defect decreased”
- “The clinical condition improved in all patients at 3 and 6 months vs. pretreatment.”
ASEAN Federation of Cardiology “Conclusions for 106 ischemic heart disease patients on maximal medical therapy and no option for revascularization who underwent ACP injection:
- “At one year, there was significant improvement of Canadian Cardiovascular Score.”
- “At one year NYHA heart classification improved.”
- “General health and physical functioning were significantly improved.”
- “Left ventricular ejection fraction was increased.”
Angiogenic cell precursors (ACP-01 – autologous stem cells drawn from the patient’s blood) that treat ischemia such as critical limb ischemia, peripheral arterial disease, angina, and ischemic cardiomyopathy.
Neuronal cell precursors (NCP-01 – autologous stem cells drawn from the patient’s blood) that promise to treat spinal cord injury, stroke, chronic pain disease.
Thomas Smeenk, BA President, CEO, Co-Founder & Director
• Founder, President and VP Business Development, TheraVitae Inc., which went public as Hemostemix Inc. QT.
• A finance and business development executive with a proven track record of bringing new discoveries to market.
• A public company executive since 1996, serving most recently as President & CEO of Broadway Gold Mining Ltd, where he complet ed a $30 million agreement with Rio Tinto. Prior, VP Business Development, Memex Inc.; President & CEO of e -Manufacturing Networks Inc.; President and CEO of Tyranex Gold Inc. and President and CEO of IBI Corporation.
Christina Wu, CPA, CGA Interim Chief Financial Officer
• Senior Financial Analyst employed by Marrelli Support Services Inc., a leader in providing financial accounting and reporting services to companies active in Canadian capital markets. Previously thereto, she was a Senior Associate with RSM Canada LLP.
• Graduated from the University of Guelph with a Bachelors of Commerce in Management Economics in 2007.
• Received her CPA, CGA designations in 2015.